Each year National District Export Council organizes Export Symposium and DEC Forum where exporting community and DEC members come together to share the recent developments and work on the pressing issues on U.S. foreign trade and exporting.
National DEC Export Symposium (Sep 27, 2017) – open to all exporting community
This year’s Annual National DEC Export Symposium will have several general and break-out sessions focusing on the key export issues and updates. Break-out sessions will include Export Compliance, Exporting Boot Camp, Emerging Export Issues and Trade Policy.
Our invited speakers include
- Mr. Wilbur Ross, U.S. Secretary of Commerce
- Mr. Mitch McConnell, U.S. Senate Majority Leader
- Other Congressional leaders
National DEC Export Symposium will be hosted by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in Washington, DC.
National DEC Annual Forum (Sep 28, 2017) – open to DEC members nationwide
In the morning session we will discuss the key topics in management of the DECs, namely DEC legal structures, how to develop a sustainable strategic plans, in addition to presentation and review of the ongoing DEC projects and lessons learned in DEC engagements. We will dedicate the afternoon session to visits to the Congressional leaders at the Capitol Hill. Evening reception will be hosted at the Capitol Visitor Center in conjunction with Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER).
National DEC Annual Forum will be at Ronald Reagan International Trade Building, Washington, DC, with the evening reception being held at the U.S. Capitol Visitor Center, Washington, DC.
See agenda for the Symposium and Forum.
Continue reading “2017 Annual National DEC Export Symposium and Forum”
In cooperation with the U.S. Department of Commerce, the 2016 National DEC Forum provided an update on the latest trends impacting exports and your DEC. This year’s Forum activities included the following:
- Opening remarks – Philip Pittsford (IL-DEC), Chair Emeritus
- Remarks from the U.S. Department of Commerce – Antwuan Griffin, Deputy Assistant Secretary, for US Operations, U.S. Commercial Service
- Introduction of new officers at National DEC
- Committee annual reports with Q & A and Comments
– Trade and Legislative by Dr. Robert Brown (KY DEC), Chair – Communications & Outreach by Philip Pittsford (IL DEC) – Social Media/website by Dr. Oz Erdem (North-Central West FL DEC)
- Trade Americas Initiative Presentation by Dr. Oz Erdem
- Panel discussion on Trade with the Americas Region
– Dr. Robert Brown – moderator – John Andersen, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Western Hemisphere, U.S. Commercial Service, U.S. Department of Commerce – Philip Pittsford – Dr. Oz Erdem
- Keynote speaker: Judy Reinke, Deputy Director General, U.S. and Foreign Commercial Service, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Presentation of DEC of the Year Award
- ITA Legislative Priorities- Discussion, updates and Q & A
Jordan Haas, Director of Legislative and Intergovernmental Affairs, International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce
Save the Dates! September 22 – 23rd, 2016
Learn more about the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), Its Importance to You and How You Can Be Engaged.
2016 National DEC Fourth Annual International Trade Symposium
September 22, 2016 – Thursday, Washington, DC
• Morning Session: International Trade Symposium. Organized in cooperation with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, to be held at the Vietnam House in D.C. Vietnam is a key player in TPP Negotiations.
• Afternoon Session: Meetings on Capitol Hill with our respective elected officials and/or staff to discuss TPP.
• Evening: Reception on Capitol Hill.
To register, go to Fourth Annual International Trade Symposium registration
2016 National DEC Forum
September 23, 2016 – Friday, Washington, DC
Organized in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Commerce, to be held at the Ronald Reagan International Trade Center building. Come learn about the latest trends impacting exports and your DEC.
To register, go to 2016 National DEC Forum registration.
Join us at these important events. Details and an agenda will be available as we move closer to the event.
The National DEC will host the annual National Conference of the DECs in Washington, D.C. on October 2-3, 2014. The annual Conference will consist of two events – the 2014 National DEC Forum on October 2 and the Second Annual International Trade Symposium on October 3.
The title of the 2014 National DEC Forum is “Roadmap for Success”. The Forum will consist of three broad themes- 1. DEC Mission Statements and Goal Setting; 2. DEC Website and Social Media Utilization; and 3. Driving Results – Utilizing DEC Committees. These themes were chosen based upon a nationwide survey conducted of DEC Chairs in which DEC Chairs were asked to select the topics they considered to be most important for the success of their DECs. The Forum will include a general overview of these themes and then will break into three individual tracks in which all attendees will participate. As in years past, the Forum has also been designed to engender substantial attendee participation. The Forum is open only to DEC members and associates and is also closed to the media. Following the conclusion of the Forum an evening reception will be held which can be used for networking and which will also be open to invited guests of DEC members.
The Second Annual International Trade Symposium, sponsored by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. The Symposium will focus on current trade promotion initiatives including Trade Promotion Authority, the Trans-Pacific Partnership, the Trans-Atlantic Trade and Investment Partnership, other pertinent trade initiatives. The Symposium will also examine the current state of foreign non-tariff barriers and market access issues such as standard, intellectual property protection and regulatory barriers. Also invited to participate will be keynote remarks from the Chairman of the U.S. Export-Import Bank and the U.S. Secretary of Commerce. The International Trade Symposium, which will be held at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, is open to the public.